- Consumers with credit card debt outspent their non-debt peers since April 2022
- More households have credit card debt than one year ago and they’re spending more
- High and middle income households with debt saw most outspending; lower income debt household outspending has narrowed
- Outspending was most pronounced at non-discretionary retailers like Convenience Stores, Gas Stations, Dollar Stores, and Big Box Retailers
- The average interest payment on credit card debt in the data grew ~30% from ~$46/month throughout ‘20 and ‘21, to a high of $59.58 in November
Download to read the full report for free.